1. Click on the assignment that you want to be timed.
2. Click "Edit" in the top right corner.
3. Check the box next to "Turn on timing." This will reveal several timing settings.
4. Timing settings
- Max graded attempts: This is the total number of attempts a student has to get their best possible grade on the test.
- Max time (in minutes): Enter the number of minutes you wish your students to have to take the test.
- Show time in the assessment: If you check this box, students will be able to see the amount of time they have remaining; if you leave it unchecked, they will not know how much time they have left.
- Allow pause: If you check this box, students will be able to pause during the quiz. They will not be able to view the quiz questions while it is paused.
- Warn when this many minutes remain: If you enter a number here, the students will be warned when that many minutes remain in the exam.
- Action after assessment expiration: If you select "force submission," the students' progress so far will be graded and sent to the gradebook. If you select "no action," all student progress will be lost after the timer expires.
5. Click the green "Update assignment" button. Quiz timing has been turned on for this assignment!